Sometimes electric fence wires and tapes break. There are a few solutions from short term to a permanent fix.
To quickly join polywire or polytape take these following steps.
- Take both ends of the break in your electric fence wire or tape and tie them together leaving an inch or two or 5 centemetres.
- Melt the polymer/plastic fibres back using a lighter or small flame to expose the thin metal wires.
- Clean as much of the melted polymer fibre waste away from the wires without breaking them.
- Twist the metal wires together as best you can so there is little to no air gap between them. This prevents arcing and sparking which can cause further damage, inefficiencies and fence voltage drops.
How to join electric fence polywire and polytape properly.
- Nemtek Electric Fence Line Clamp U-type 8mm – bag of 50$60.00 GST Inclusive
- Nemtek Electric Fence Line Clamp Joiner Connector Bolts x 50$69.00 GST Inclusive