Your privacy and information security is critically important to Big Red Fencing.
At Big Red Fencing we have a few fundamental privacy principles.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We too can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- On our website, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
Website VisitorsLike most website operators, Big Red Fencing collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Big Red Fencings purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Big Red Fencing visitors use its website. From time to time, Big Red Fencing may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Big Red Fencing also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Big Red Fencing does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally Identifying InformationCertain visitors to Big Red Fencing websites choose to interact with Big Red Fencing in ways that require Big Red Fencing to gather personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that Big Red Fencing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Big Red Fencing are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Big Red Fencing collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Big Red Fencing. Big Red Fencing does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
What we collect and storeWhile you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying InformationBig Red Fencing discloses potentially personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that:
- Need to know that information in order to process it on Big Red Fencing’s behalf or to provide services available at Big Red Fencing’s websites.
- That have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Big Red Fencing’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Big Red Fencing will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Big Red Fencing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Big Red Fencing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Big Red Fencing, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Big Red Fencing website and have supplied your email address, Big Red Fencing may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Big Red Fencing and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Big Red Fencing takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
How we protect your dataBig Red Fencing make use of SSL encryption site wide to ensure safe exchange of data between your device and our file hosting servers. Our staff are trained in data protection and adhere to the best practices of our Privacy Impact Assessment Guidlines.
Who on our team has accessMembers of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.