Your privacy and information security is critically important to Big Red Fencing.
At Big Red Fencing we have a few fundamental privacy principles.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- On our website, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
All information obtained from the use of this website is used for the sole purpose of one of these functions:
- Provide one of our services to you
- Maintain & improve our services
- Develop new services
- Provide personalized services and options for a better user experience
- Measure website and sales performance
- Communicate with you
- Protect Big Red Fencing, our users, and the public
It is Big Red Fencing policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website and our business.
Like most website operators, Big Red Fencing collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Big Red Fencings purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Big Red Fencing visitors use its website. From time to time, Big Red Fencing may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Big Red Fencing also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Big Red Fencing does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Big Red Fencing websites choose to interact with Big Red Fencing in ways that require Big Red Fencing to gather personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that Big Red Fencing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Big Red Fencing are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Big Red Fencing collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Big Red Fencing. Big Red Fencing does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What are Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
There is an opt-out browser add-on from Google that helps make opting out incredibly easy and convenient for end users. Keep in mind you will lose some website functionality if you do so.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content for example, videos (as above), images, articles, etc. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying Information
Big Red Fencing discloses potentially personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that:
- Need to know that information in order to process it on Big Red Fencing’s behalf or to provide services available at Big Red Fencing’s websites.
- That have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Big Red Fencing’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Big Red Fencing will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Big Red Fencing discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Big Red Fencing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Big Red Fencing, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Big Red Fencing website and have supplied your email address, Big Red Fencing may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Big Red Fencing and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Big Red Fencing takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
How we protect your data
Big Red Fencing make use of SSL encryption site wide to ensure safe exchange of data between your device and our file hosting servers. Our staff are trained in data protection and adhere to the best practices of our Privacy Impact Assessment Guidlines.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For more information and assistance