Getting the correct heights and spacings for electric fence wires can seem like a complicated task as there are a few things to consider.
Top 5 Factors That Determine Electric Fence Wire Spacings
- Value of the stock being protected or excluded from the electric fence zone.
- The type of electric fence eg: permanent or temporary
- The type of animal the electric fence is for
- The behaviour/s you are aiming to discourage
- The will or determination of the animal to test or break through your electric fence
JVA Guide to wire spacings for electric fences for cows, horses, deer, sheep, goats, pigs, kangaroos, dogs and cats