JVA 200 metre roll of poly wire* for electric fencing. Poly wire is a plastic twisted rope with stainless steel conductor wires woven in between the main strands. Easy to use and re-use, it is perfect for temporary electric fences. Poly wire is light, easy to tension by hand and is easy to see.
- Great for for strip grazing
- Rolls up and stores better than tapes and plain wires.
- Easy to work with
- Easy to tension by hand
- Great for temporary paddocks, holding yards and fencing animals away from trees or gardens and much more.
- Easy to see – Poly wire is designed to be visible but not overly visible like tapes and ropes
- Does not catch the wind like poly tapes.
- Can be joined with connection bolts and joiners or by hand for temporary joins.
JVA 200 metre roll of poly wire features:
- Wire Diameter: 2.5mm
- Colours: Orange or White
- Roll length: 200m
- Polymer Strands: UV stabilised
- Metal strands: Resistance: approx. 6.8 Ohms per meter.
Because polywire uses thin strands of conductive wire it does not have the advantage of solid core wire in electrical resistance. Over longer distances the electrical flow will be weakened by the thinner wires and therefore poly wire is not suitable for long fences (over a few hundred metres each side of the energiser). JVA Standard Poly wire has 6800 Ohms of resistance per km. For comparison, plain 2.5mm galvanised steel wire is approximately 40 Ohms per km.
* Also known as: polywire, poliwire, poli wire