What is an electric fence energiser?
An electric fence energiser or energizer (U.S.) is the control unit for an electric fence system. An electric fence energiser has two main functions:
1. Control the pulse of on the electric fence (on average pulse of 1.5 seconds for standard energisers)
2. Control the power (usually measured in volts) put onto the live electric fence wires. The electric fence energiser will take power from various sources (battery with solar panels, battery only or mains/household power) and convert it to a safe and timed electric fence pulse that it sends out along the hot or live wires seeking out an animal or object to allow it to return to earth as all electricity wants to.
Once it has found an animal there will be a short flow of safe electrical current that passes through the body of the animal and into the ground. When this happens the electrical current flows over the muscles of the animal making them sharply contract, this creates an unpleasant but non harmful reaction that is generally described as the “BOOT” of an electric fence 😀
- Agricultural and security electric fence energisers
- Different power sources for electric fence energisers
- Power Outputs for electric fence energisers
- What is Stored Joules Vs Output Joules
- Earthing your electric fence energiser
The Nemtek Pet Energizer 3 km is a low power DIY electric fencing energizer, which can be used to keep your pets where you want…$166.75 GST Inclusive
The Thunderbird S28B 2.5km solar powered electric fence energizer is ideal for small to medium electric fencing applications. It is great for small to medium sized animals including dogs, horses, cattle, poultry and most ferral species.$321.36 GST Inclusive
The Nemtek Agri 3km Solar Energizers include an attached large solar panel and a built-in environmentally friendly Lithium iron battery (LiFe). The environmentally friendly battery…$318.00 GST Inclusive
The Nemtek Agri 10km electric fence energiser can be powered with a 12v battery or by 240v mains power, making them handy and adaptable depending on your electric fencing needs. All Nemtek electric fence energisers are robustly designed and manufactured from top quality materials making them suitable for Australian conditions.$228.50 GST Inclusive
The Thunderbird M650R 60km 240v mains powered electric fence energizer is a high powered and capable of powering up to 60km of electric fencing* and is ideal for medium to large electric fence and animal applications.
The Thunderbird Remote control with built in volt meter (sold separately) can turn the energiser on or off from anywhere along the fence line. Saving you time and hassle if repairs or access is needed.$614.91 GST Inclusive
The Thunderbird M125 15km 240v mains powered electric fence energizer is capable of powering up to 15km of electric fencing* and is ideal for small to medium fence and animal applications. The Thunderbird M125 is powered from your 240v mains power supply and the electronics inside convert the power and energy down to emit and pulse a safe reliable shock that will keep your livestock, pets and feral or vermin animals controlled. Great for keeping wanted animals in and vermin or feral pests out.$183.34 GST Inclusive